Senior Living in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
- Chambersburg scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Chambersburg scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Chambersburg Hospital and Waynesboro Hospital).
- There are 22 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Manorcare Health Services - Chambersburg, Morrow House, and The Shook Home and the Quarters at Shook.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 89 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 27 golf courses in or around the city, including Majestic Ridge Golf Club, Chambersburg Country Club, and Rocky Spring Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Snavely\'s Garden Corner, Enoch Brown Memorial Park, and Mont Alto State Park.
- There are 29 churches in or near the city, including First Church of God, Calvary Mennonite School, and Cornerstone Church of Christ.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 52 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 34 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.94% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.99% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,531, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,385, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,172, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $54,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $118,808 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,640 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.12%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Chambersburg receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Chambersburg has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Chambersburg has an average population density of 794.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Chambersburg have a short daily commute time.
- Chambersburg has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.01%.