Senior Living in Chamblee, Georgia
Top zip codes in Chamblee, GA: 30341
- Chamblee scores higher than the Georgia average of 72.
- Chamblee scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 23 hospitals within close range of the city, including Children\'s Healthcare Atlanta, Peachford Behavioral Hlth Syst, and Emory Dunwoody Medical Ctr.
- There are 231 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Pruitthealth - Brookhaven, Housing For Seniors, and Adult Day of Dunwoody.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1236 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (15% of residents).
- There are 101 golf courses in or around the city, including Peachtree Golf Club, Capital City Country Club, and Smoke Rise Golf & Country Club.
- There are 29 parks near the city center, including Murphey Candler Park, Best Friend Park, and Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area, Island Ford Unit.
- There are 464 churches in or near the city, including Atlanta Unity Church, Northwoods Baptist Church, and Holy Cross Catholic Church.
- There are 33 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 624 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 50 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 146 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.84% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.04% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Georgia has an average state income tax of 5.02%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $79,259, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $56,557, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $32,598, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,720 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $80,665 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.80%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Chamblee receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Chamblee has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Chamblee has a dense population density of 3,132.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Chamblee have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Chamblee has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 80.73%.