Senior Living in Chamois, Missouri
Top zip codes in Chamois, MO: 65024
- Chamois scores lower than the Missouri average of 72.
- Chamois scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 3 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Riverview Nursing Center, Linn Community Skilled Care, and Arbor Ridge Manor.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 3 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 13 golf courses in or around the city, including Osage Country Club, Loutre Shores Country Club, and Railwood Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Mokane Access and Grand Bluffs Conservation Area).
- There are 11 churches in or near the city, including Assumption Church of Morrison, Mokane United Methodist Church, and Our Lady of Help Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There is 1 grocery store within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There is 1 gym or health club in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.60% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.79%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Missouri has an average state income tax of 3.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $54,389, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,823, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,124, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $32,400 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $66,704 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.39%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Chamois receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Chamois has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Chamois has a very sparse population density of 10.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Chamois have a long daily commute time.
- Chamois has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.03%.