Senior Living in Champaign, Illinois
- Champaign scores lower than the Illinois average of 74.
- Champaign scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including The Pavilion, Carle Foundation Hospital, and Provena Covenant Medical Center- Urbana.
- There are 21 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Inman Place, Illini Heritage Rehab and Health Care, and Heartland of Champaign.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 126 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (18% of residents).
- There are 18 golf courses in or around the city, including Champaign Country Club, Lincolnshire Fields Country Club, and Urbana Golf & Country Club.
- There are 30 parks near the city center, including Champaign Park District, Firefighters Park, and Hazel Park.
- There are 105 churches in or near the city, including First Presbyterian Church, St Mary Catholic Church, and Holy Cross Catholic Church.
- There are 15 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 71 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 57 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.23% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.00% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,589, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,102, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,725, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $40,200 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $78,475 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.96%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Champaign receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Champaign has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Champaign has a dense population density of 3,284.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Champaign have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Champaign has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.38%.