Senior Living in Champion, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Champion, PA: 15622
- Champion scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Champion scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Somerset Hospital).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Ruth Nedrow Personal Care Home, Pleasant Valley Personal Care Home, and Susan\'s Victorian Cottage Personal Care Home.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 29 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (37% of residents).
- There are 52 golf courses in or around the city, including Seven Springs Mountain Resort, Pike Run Country Club, and Donegal Highlands Golf Course.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Kooser State Park, Laurel Highlands Camplands, and Laurel Hill State Park.
- There are 34 churches in or near the city, including Critchfield Alliance Church, Indian Head Church of God, and Hampton Church of God.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 13 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 10 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.49% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.30% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,041, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $39,973, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $30,465, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.39%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Champion receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Champion has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Champion has a very sparse population density of 42.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Champion have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Champion has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.31%.