Senior Living in Chana, Illinois
Top zip codes in Chana, IL: 61015
- Chana scores higher than the Illinois average of 74.
- Chana scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Rochelle Community Hospital).
- There are 12 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including San Gabriel Assisted Living, Oregon Living and Rehabilitation Center, and Rock River Center, Inc..
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 15 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 33 golf courses in or around the city, including Oregon Country Club, Silver Ridge Golf Club, and Rochelle Country Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Lowden State Park, Oregon Park West, and Castle Rock State Park.
- There are 16 churches in or near the city, including St Mary\'s Catholic Church, Emmanuel Lutheran Church, and First Christian Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 22 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 11 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.57% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.89% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $68,259, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $62,560, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,051, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $54,567 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $89,425 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $23,465 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,476 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.74%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Chana receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Chana has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Chana has a very sparse population density of 23.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Chana have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Chana has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 96.62%.