Senior Living in Chancellor, South Dakota
Top zip codes in Chancellor, SD: 57015
- Chancellor scores significantly higher than the South Dakota average of 68.
- Chancellor scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 16 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Good Samaritan Society - Lennox, Morgan Lane Village, and Edgewood Prairie Crossings in Sioux Falls.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 21 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 18 golf courses in or around the city, including Par Mar Country Club, Kuehn Park Golf Course, and Prairie Green Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Forever Friends Pet Cemetery & Cremation Services, Wall Lake Park, and Red Barn RV Park.
- There are 22 churches in or near the city, including Chancellor Reformed Church, Trinity Lutheran Church, and St Christina Catholic Chr.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 7 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 13 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.38% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.44% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- South Dakota has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,779, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $66,563, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,192, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $77,380 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,750 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.32%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Chancellor receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Chancellor has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Chancellor has a very sparse population density of 16.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Chancellor have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Chancellor has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.02%.