Senior Living in Chandler, Indiana
Top zip codes in Chandler, IN: 47610
- Chandler scores significantly higher than the Indiana average of 74.
- Chandler scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 8 hospitals within close range of the city, including Evansville Psych Children Ctr, Women\'s Hospital The, and The Heart Hospital At Deaconess Gateway Llc.
- There are 37 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Golden Living Center-Woodlands, River Pointe Health Campus, and Bell Oaks Place.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 206 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 33 golf courses in or around the city, including Tee Time Golf Complex, Rolling Hills Country Club, and Victoria National Golf Club.
- There are 14 parks near the city center, including Scott Township Park, Wesselman Woods Nature Preserve, and Camp Reveal.
- There are 118 churches in or near the city, including Chandler Churches of Nazarene, Korean Church of Evansville, and Chandler United Methodist Chr.
- There are 23 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 71 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 45 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.59% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.80% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Indiana has an average state income tax of 3.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $55,844, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,611, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $19,659, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,670 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $84,490 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,300 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.99%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Chandler receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Chandler has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Chandler has a sparse population density of 145.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Chandler have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Chandler has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.20%.