Senior Living in Chandler, Texas
Top zip codes in Chandler, TX: 75758
- Chandler scores higher than the Texas average of 74.
- Chandler scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 23 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Chandler Nursing Center, Mansions Cascades Active Adult, and Meadow Lake.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 16 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (34% of residents).
- There are 15 golf courses in or around the city, including Hollytree Country Club, Briarwood Golf Club, and Bellwood Golf Course.
- There are 13 parks near the city center, including Pine Cove Bluffs, Pine Cove Shores, and Pine Cove Towers.
- There are 22 churches in or near the city, including Faith Baptist Church, First Baptist Church-Chandler, and West Lake Baptist Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 24 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 9 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.34% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.22% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Texas has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $64,419, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,017, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,359, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,722 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $78,475 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.47%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Chandler receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Chandler has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Chandler has a sparse population density of 183.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Chandler have a long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Chandler has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.84%.