Senior Living in Chanhassen, Minnesota
Top zip codes in Chanhassen, MN: 55317
- Chanhassen scores higher than the Minnesota average of 70.
- Chanhassen scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Francis Regional Medical Center, Fairview Southdale Hospital, and Park Nicollet Methodist Hospital.
- There are 154 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including BeeHive Homes of Excelsior, Golden LivingCenter - Excelsior, and The Goodman Group.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 81.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 457 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (18% of residents).
- There are 119 golf courses in or around the city, including Lone Pine Country Club, Minnetonka Country Club, and Minnetonka Country Club.
- There are 17 parks near the city center, including Lake Ann Park, Minnesota Landscape Arboretum, and City of Victoria: Victoria Field House.
- There are 211 churches in or near the city, including St Hubert\'s Catholic Church, Family of Christ Lutheran Chr, and Living Christ Lutheran Church.
- There are 16 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 150 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 14 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 152 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.33% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.04% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.38%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Minnesota has an average state income tax of 4.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $126,753, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $100,625, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $46,185, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $42,810 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $94,451 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,628 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.80%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Chanhassen receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Chanhassen has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Chanhassen has a dense population density of 1,534.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Chanhassen have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Chanhassen has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 97.31%.