Senior Living in Channelview, Texas
Top zip codes in Channelview, TX: 77530
- Channelview scores lower than the Texas average of 74.
- Channelview scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 8 hospitals within close range of the city, including East Houston Regional Med Ctr, Vencor Hospital-bay Area, and Baycoast Medical Center.
- There are 55 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Legend Oaks Healthcare and Rehabilitation - East Houston, Bridgecrest Rehabilitation Suites, and Sweet Home Assisted Living and Adult day care.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 331 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (14% of residents).
- There are 65 golf courses in or around the city, including River Terrace Golf Course, Battleground At Deer Park, The, and Texaco Country Club.
- There are 14 parks near the city center, including River Terrace Park, Tugboat RV Park, and Gene Green Beltway 8 Park.
- There are 234 churches in or near the city, including Memorial Baptist Church, Channelview Baptist Church, and Dell Dale Avenue Baptist Chr.
- There are 13 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 303 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 7 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 67 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.26% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.31% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Texas has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,917, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,579, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $17,296, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,500 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $83,038 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $11,050 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.80%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Channelview receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Channelview has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Channelview has a dense population density of 2,362.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Channelview have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Channelview has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 69.33%.