Senior Living in Chantilly, Virginia
- Chantilly scores higher than the Virginia average of 78.
- Chantilly scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Inova Fair Oaks Hospital, Reston Hospital Center, and Prince William Hospital.
- There are 50 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Friendly Group Home, The Crossings at Chantilly, and Sunrise of Fair Oaks.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 545 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (14% of residents).
- There are 97 golf courses in or around the city, including Pleasant Valley Golf Club, South Riding Golfers\' Club, and Antietam/Wilderness Course at Fairfax National Golf Club.
- There are 21 parks near the city center, including Pender Pet Retreat at Dulles Gateway, Ox Hill Battlefield Park, and Plow & Hearth.
- There are 225 churches in or near the city, including Chantilly Presbyterian Church, St Veronica Catholic School, and St Timothy Catholic Church.
- There are 31 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 298 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 24 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 162 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.75% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.95% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.90%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Virginia has an average state income tax of 4.54%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $149,669, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $128,736, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $46,430, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $28,800 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $77,745 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $36,608 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.12%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Chantilly receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Chantilly has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Chantilly has an average population density of 1,190.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Chantilly have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Chantilly has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.33%.