Senior Living in Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- Chapel Hill scores higher than the North Carolina average of 72.
- Chapel Hill scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including University Of North Carolina Hospital, Duke University Hospital, and Duke University Medical Center.
- There are 52 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Clare Bridge Chapel Hill, Gary Residential Services, and Aberdeen Residential Services.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 385 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (22% of residents).
- There are 54 golf courses in or around the city, including Chapel Hill Country Club, Governors Club -Nine Hole, and Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club, The.
- There are 16 parks near the city center, including North Carolina Botanical Garden, Wild Bird Center, and Old Chapel Hill Road Park.
- There are 130 churches in or near the city, including Terrells Creek Missionary Chr, Mt Carmel Baptist Church, and Church of the Holy Family.
- There are 17 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 119 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 14 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 14 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.31% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.09% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- North Carolina has an average state income tax of 4.89%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $103,371, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $68,330, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $39,735, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $48,000 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,407 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.64%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Chapel Hill receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Chapel Hill has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Chapel Hill has an average population density of 849.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Chapel Hill have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Chapel Hill has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.08%.