Senior Living in Chapin, Illinois
Top zip codes in Chapin, IL: 62628
- Chapin scores higher than the Illinois average of 74.
- Chapin scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Passavant Area Hospital).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Passavant Area Hospital TCU, Jacksonville Skilled Nursing and Rehab, and Prairie Village Healthcare Center.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 28 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 9 golf courses in or around the city, including Jacksonville Country Club, Links Golf Course(Nichols Park Course at Links Golf Course ), and Northridge Hills Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Buena Vista Farms Inc, Plum Creek Golf Course, and Jacksonville Utilities.
- There are 4 churches in or near the city, including Trinity Lutheran Church, Trinity Lutheran Church & School Office, and House of Worship Cogic.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 8 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.91% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.79% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,624, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,125, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,894, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,140 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $83,585 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.46%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Chapin receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Chapin has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Chapin has a very sparse population density of 23.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Chapin have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Chapin has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.44%.