Senior Living in Chapman, Kansas
Top zip codes in Chapman, KS: 67431
- Chapman scores significantly higher than the Kansas average of 73.
- Chapman scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Memorial Hospital and Geary Community Hospital).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Chapman Valley Manor, Enterprise Estates Nursing Center, and Brookdale Junction City.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 17 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 12 golf courses in or around the city, including Indian Hills Golf Course, Abilene Country Club, and Chisholm Trail.
- There are 12 parks near the city center, including Tallgrass Lodge, Owls Nest Campground, and Geary State Fishing Lake and Wildlife Area.
- There are 15 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist of Enterprise, Abilene Bible Baptist Church, and First United Methodist Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 11 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.17% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.22% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 9.00%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Kansas has an average state income tax of 3.67%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,025, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,929, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,957, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $35,700 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $61,503 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,720 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,485 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.75%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Chapman receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Chapman has mild mean temperatures, with average winters and warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Chapman has a very sparse population density of 20.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Chapman have an average daily commute time.
- Chapman has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 93.03%.