Senior Living in Chardon, Ohio
Top zip codes in Chardon, OH: 44024
- Chardon scores higher than the Ohio average of 76.
- Chardon scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Uh Geauga Medical Center, Heather Hill Hospital, and Lake Hospital System.
- There are 49 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Residence of Chardon, Chardon Center, and Joy\'s Place Assisted Living.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 157 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 84 golf courses in or around the city, including Legend Lake Golf Club, Sand Ridge Golf Club, and Chardon Lakes Golf Course.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Pioneer Waterland & Dry Fun Park, The Holden Arboretum, and Lake Metroparks Farmpark.
- There are 80 churches in or near the city, including St Mary\'s Church, Celebration Lutheran Church, and Peace Lutheran Church.
- There are 12 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 64 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 50 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.55% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.42% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $81,530, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $64,676, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $30,804, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $50,946 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,980 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,188 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.13%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Chardon receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Chardon has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Chardon has a sparse population density of 261.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Chardon have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Chardon has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.18%.