Senior Living in Charleston, Tennessee
Top zip codes in Charleston, TN: 37310
- Charleston scores higher than the Tennessee average of 72.
- Charleston scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Cleveland Community Hospital).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Life Care Center of Cleveland, Bradley Health Care and Rehab, and Life Care Centers of America.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 76.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 66 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 21 golf courses in or around the city, including Rolling Hills Golf Course, Cleveland Country Club, and Chatata Valley Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Golden Chain Campground, Big Frog Expeditions, and Outland Expeditions.
- There are 4 churches in or near the city, including Charleston Church of God, Cleveland Church of Christ, and Kinser Church of God.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 42 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There is 1 gym or health club in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.53% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.58% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 9.13%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Tennessee has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $54,036, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,750, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,376, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,000 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $72,818 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $26,000 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.85%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Charleston receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Charleston has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Charleston has a very sparse population density of 98.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Charleston have an average daily commute time.
- Charleston has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 82.88%.