Senior Living in Charlestown, Indiana
Top zip codes in Charlestown, IN: 47111
- Charlestown scores higher than the Indiana average of 74.
- Charlestown scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Saint Catherine Regional Hospital and Clark Memorial Hospital).
- There are 40 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including River Crossing, Rivers Edge Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Maple Manor Christian Home.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 111 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 61 golf courses in or around the city, including Harmony Landing Country Club, Covered Bridge Golf Club, and Covered Bridge Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Charlestown State Park, Clark State Forest, and Add-More Campground.
- There are 53 churches in or near the city, including North Charlestown Church-God, Pleasant Ridge Baptist Church, and First Baptist Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 24 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 24 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.76% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.82% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Indiana has an average state income tax of 3.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $65,825, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,333, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,965, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,310 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,250 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.73%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Charlestown receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Charlestown has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Charlestown has a sparse population density of 182.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Charlestown have a long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Charlestown has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.50%.