Senior Living in Charlestown, Maryland
Top zip codes in Charlestown, MD: 21914
- Charlestown scores lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- Charlestown scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Va Maryland Health Care Syst, Union Hospital Of Cecil County, and Harford Memorial Hospital.
- There are 18 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Citizens Care Center, Lorien Bulle Rock, and St. John\'s Towers.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 72 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 44 golf courses in or around the city, including Chesapeake Bay Golf Club North East Course, Chantilly Manor Country Club, and Furnace Bay Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Sandy Cove Ministries, Elk Neck State Forest, and Elk Neck State Park.
- There are 49 churches in or near the city, including St Mary Anne\'s Episcopal, Grace Bible Chapel Zion, and First Baptist Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 66 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 23 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.92% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.85% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $69,261, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $57,266, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,903, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $55,800 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $95,448 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.54%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Charlestown receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Charlestown has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Charlestown has an average population density of 1,039.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Charlestown have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Charlestown has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.28%.