Senior Living in Charlestown, New Hampshire
Top zip codes in Charlestown, NH: 03603
- Charlestown scores lower than the New Hampshire average of 75.
- Charlestown scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Springfield Hospital, Springfield Hospital, and Valley Regional Hospital.
- There are 12 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Sullivan County Health Care, Springfield Health and Rehab, and Earl M Bourdon Center.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 47 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 24 golf courses in or around the city, including Crown Point Country Club, Crown Point Country Club, and Claremont Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Morningside Flight Park, Fish & Wildlife Department, and Arrowhead Recreation Area.
- There are 35 churches in or near the city, including Charlestown Bible Church, Charlestown Foursquare Church, and Anglican Church-good Sheperd.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 36 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 13 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.16% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.04% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 0.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Hampshire has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $54,791, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,422, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,660, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,230 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.70%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Charlestown receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Charlestown has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Charlestown has a sparse population density of 127.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Charlestown have a long daily commute time.
- Charlestown has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.85%.