Senior Living in Charlevoix, Michigan
Top zip codes in Charlevoix, MI: 49720
- Charlevoix scores higher than the Michigan average of 71.
- Charlevoix scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Charlevoix Area Hospital).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Boulder Park Terrace, American House Charlevoix Senior Living, and Autumn Joy AFC & Assisted Living Home.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 28 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (36% of residents).
- There are 34 golf courses in or around the city, including Belvedere Golf Club, Charlevoix Country Club, and Charlevoix Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Castle Farms, Fishermans Island State Park, and East Jordan City Tourist Park.
- There are 2 churches in or near the city (Community Church of God and 3Rd Bay Fellowship Outreach).
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 17 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.25% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.09% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $77,639, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,171, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $33,556, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $27,000 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.44%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Charlevoix receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Charlevoix has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Charlevoix has a very sparse population density of 95.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Charlevoix have a very short daily commute time.
- Charlevoix has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.59%.