Senior Living in Charlotte, Michigan
Top zip codes in Charlotte, MI: 48813
- Charlotte scores lower than the Michigan average of 71.
- Charlotte scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Hayes Green Beach Memorial Hospital and Eaton Rapids Medical Center).
- There are 23 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Eaton Gardens, Hope Landing, and Golden Days II Adult Foster Care.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 43 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 57 golf courses in or around the city, including Twin Brook Golf Club, Charlotte Country Club, and Olivet Country Club.
- There are no parks near the city center.
- There are 41 churches in or near the city, including St Mary Catholic Church, Calvary Baptist Church, and First Baptist Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 17 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 14 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.51% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.48% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,851, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,579, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,042, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $108,770 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,230 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.02%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Charlotte receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Charlotte has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Charlotte has a sparse population density of 124.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Charlotte have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Charlotte has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.02%.