Senior Living in Charlotte, North Carolina
- Charlotte scores higher than the North Carolina average of 72.
- Charlotte scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 10 hospitals within close range of the city, including Presbyterian Hospital, Presbyterian Hospital, and Charlotte Institute Of Rehab.
- There are 83 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Charlotte Orthopedic Hospital, Golden LivingCenter - Dartmouth, and Senior Care Options.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 888 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (18% of residents).
- There are 70 golf courses in or around the city, including Myers Park Country Club, Charlotte Country Club, and Renaissance Park Golf Course.
- There are 42 parks near the city center, including Midtown Park, Thompson Park, and Marshall Park.
- There are 326 churches in or near the city, including Little Rock Ame Zion Church, St Paul Baptist Church, and St John\'s Baptist Church.
- There are 36 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 365 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 26 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 38 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.67% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.05% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- North Carolina has an average state income tax of 4.89%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $77,369, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $56,436, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $31,627, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $86,870 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,170 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,321 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.87%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Charlotte receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Charlotte has mild mean temperatures, with very mild winters and warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Charlotte has a dense population density of 2,525.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Charlotte have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Charlotte has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.64%.