Senior Living in Charlottesville, Indiana
Top zip codes in Charlottesville, IN: 46117
- Charlottesville scores significantly higher than the Indiana average of 74.
- Charlottesville scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Hancock Regional Hospital).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Crownpointe of Greenfield, Golden Living Center-Brandywine, and Kindred Transitional Care And Rehab-Greenfield.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 30 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 65 golf courses in or around the city, including Royal Hylands Golf Club, Shekinah on the Brandywine, and Greenfield Country Club.
- There are no parks near the city center.
- There are 28 churches in or near the city, including Abraham Roger J, Knightstown Christian Church, and Wilkinson Church of Christ.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 11 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 7 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.07% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.92% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Indiana has an average state income tax of 3.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $64,234, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,521, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,803, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,100 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $97,411 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,070 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,188 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Charlottesville receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Charlottesville has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Charlottesville has a very sparse population density of 56.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Charlottesville have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Charlottesville has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.24%.