Senior Living in Charlottesville, Virginia
- Charlottesville scores lower than the Virginia average of 78.
- Charlottesville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including University Of Virginia Medical Center, University Of Virginia Med Ctr, and Martha Jefferson Hospital.
- There are 17 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Morningside of Charlottesville, Golden Livingcenter -Charlottesville, and Riverdale.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 130 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (22% of residents).
- There are 18 golf courses in or around the city, including Meadowcreek Golf Course, North/East Course at Farmington Country Club, and McIntire Park Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including The Lawn, Virginia Department of Forestry, and McIntire Park.
- There are 52 churches in or near the city, including Trinity Presbyterian Church, First Baptist Church, and Calvary Baptist Church.
- There are 19 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 78 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 11 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.67% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.64% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.90%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Virginia has an average state income tax of 4.54%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $79,453, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,417, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $32,403, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $56,100 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $84,315 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.05%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Charlottesville receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Charlottesville has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Charlottesville has a dense population density of 1,799.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Charlottesville have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Charlottesville has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.24%.