Senior Living in Chaseburg, Wisconsin
Top zip codes in Chaseburg, WI: 54621
- Chaseburg scores significantly higher than the Wisconsin average of 71.
- Chaseburg scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Franciscan Skemp La Crosse Hsptl and Gundersen Luth Med Ctr).
- There are 20 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Bothne House, Norseland Nursing Home, and Fairhaven.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 52 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 16 golf courses in or around the city, including Snowflake Ski & Golf, Forest Hills Public Golf Course, and Hillview Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Coon Creek Cliffs State Natural Area and Norskedalen Nature & Heritage Center, Inc.).
- There are 24 churches in or near the city, including Bad Axe Lutheran Church, Holy Trinity Catholic Church, and Mary Mother of Church Parish.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 14 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 22 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.60% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.75% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.88%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Wisconsin has an average state income tax of 4.35%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $56,261, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,444, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,563, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,300 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,721 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,160 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.82%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Chaseburg receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Chaseburg has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Chaseburg has a very sparse population density of 30.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Chaseburg have a long daily commute time.
- Chaseburg has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.92%.