Senior Living in Chaska, Minnesota
Top zip codes in Chaska, MN: 55318
- Chaska scores higher than the Minnesota average of 70.
- Chaska scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (St Francis Regional Medical Center and Ridgeview Medical Center).
- There are 74 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Hidden Creek Assisted Living Inc., Auburn Manor, and The Goodman Group.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 81.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 150 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (17% of residents).
- There are 108 golf courses in or around the city, including Chaska Town Course, Bluff Creek Golf Course, and Chaska Par 30.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Marsh Lake Hunting Preserve, City of Victoria: Victoria Field House, and Minnesota Landscape Arboretum.
- There are 72 churches in or near the city, including Crown of Glory Lutheran Church, Christ Victorious Lutheran, and Guardian Angels Catholic.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 60 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 68 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.33% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.04% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.38%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Minnesota has an average state income tax of 4.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $93,107, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $71,900, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $35,306, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $42,810 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $94,451 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,628 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.48%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Chaska receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Chaska has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Chaska has an average population density of 616.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Chaska have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Chaska has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.88%.