Senior Living in Chatham, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Chatham, NJ: 07928
- Chatham scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Chatham scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 22 hospitals within close range of the city, including Overlook Hospital, Charter Behavioral Hlth Syst, and Atlantic Health System.
- There are 163 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including King James Care Center of Chatham, Juniper Village at Chatham, and Manorcare Health Services-New Providence.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1272 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 144 golf courses in or around the city, including Fairmount Country Club, Madison Golf Club, and North Course at Canoe Brook Country Club.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Loantaka Brook Reservation, Great Swamp National Wildlife Refuge, and Watchung Reservation.
- There are 611 churches in or near the city, including St Patrick\'s Church, Corpus Christi Roman Catholic, and St Paul\'s Episcopal Church.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 728 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 35 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 337 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.83% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $209,511, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $140,375, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $75,612, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.93%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Chatham receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Chatham has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Chatham has a dense population density of 2,215.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Chatham have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Chatham has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 97.72%.