Senior Living in Chatham, New York
Top zip codes in Chatham, NY: 12037
- Chatham scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Chatham scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Columbia Memorial Hospital).
- There are 17 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Louis F Payn Foundation, High Pointe at Chatham Senior Apartments, and Woodland Adult Family Home.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 36 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (36% of residents).
- There are 51 golf courses in or around the city, including Meadowgreens Golf Course, Winding Brook Country Club, and Columbia Golf & Country Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Martin Van Buren National Historic Site and Hudson River Islands).
- There is 1 church in or near the city (Slater James H).
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 28 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 21 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.36% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $73,622, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,923, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,921, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.57%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Chatham receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Chatham has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Chatham has a sparse population density of 130.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Chatham have a short daily commute time.
- Chatham has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.17%.