Senior Living in Chattahoochee, Florida
Top zip codes in Chattahoochee, FL: 32324
- Chattahoochee scores lower than the Florida average of 76.
- Chattahoochee scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Florida State Hospital and Gadsden Community Hospital).
- There is 1 senior living facility in close proximity to the city (Hatton House).
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 10 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 9 golf courses in or around the city, including Golf Club of Quincy, The, Bainbridge Country Club, and Havana Golf & Country Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including East Bank Campground, Beaver Lake Campground, and Wingate\'s Lodge.
- There are 11 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church, First United Methodist Church, and First Baptist Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 16 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are no gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.69% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.75% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.75%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Florida has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $41,725, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $32,003, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $15,039, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $52,911 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $93,075 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,300 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,714 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.18%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Chattahoochee receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Chattahoochee has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Chattahoochee has a very sparse population density of 77.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Chattahoochee have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Chattahoochee has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 72.43%.