Senior Living in Chattanooga, Tennessee
- Chattanooga scores higher than the Tennessee average of 72.
- Chattanooga scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 9 hospitals within close range of the city, including Siskin Hosp For Physical Rehab, Erlanger Medical Center, and Memorial Healthcare System, Inc.
- There are 54 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Davis Home For The Aged III, Davis Retirement Home, and Siskin Hospital SubAcute Rehabilitation.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 76.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 347 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 36 golf courses in or around the city, including Eastgate Golf Center, Chattanooga Golf & Country Club, and Moccasin Bend Golf Club.
- There are 19 parks near the city center, including Warner Park, Coolidge Park, and Ross\'s Landing Park.
- There are 205 churches in or near the city, including Olivet Baptist Church, First Christian Church, and Greater New Home Baptist Chr.
- There are 26 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 167 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 13 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 64 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.13% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.86% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 9.13%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Tennessee has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $55,124, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $39,852, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,082, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $41,400 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $88,983 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.83%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Chattanooga receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Chattanooga has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Chattanooga has a dense population density of 1,606.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Chattanooga have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Chattanooga has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 83.04%.