Senior Living in Chaumont, New York
Top zip codes in Chaumont, NY: 13622
- Chaumont scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Chaumont scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Angel\'s Inn Home for Adults, Jefferson County Home - The Aged, and Samaritan Keep Nursing Home.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 5 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 16 golf courses in or around the city, including Rustic Golf & Country Club, C-Way Golf Club, and L. A. Golf Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Cedar Point State Park, Sackets Harbor Battlefield State Park, and Burnham Point State Park.
- There are no churches in or near the city.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 35 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.41% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.68% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $64,493, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,447, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,552, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $52,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $120,085 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.70%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Chaumont receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Chaumont has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Chaumont has a very sparse population density of 41.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Chaumont have an average daily commute time.
- Chaumont has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.39%.