Senior Living in Chazy, New York
Top zip codes in Chazy, NY: 12921
- Chazy scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Chazy scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital Medical Ctr).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Meadowbrook Healthcare, New York State Teachers Retirement, and Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital S N F.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 57 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 11 golf courses in or around the city, including North Country Golf Club, Alburg Country Club, and Bluff Point Golf Club & Resort.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Monty\'s Bay Campsites, Twin Ells Campsites, and Flat Rock State Forest.
- There are 6 churches in or near the city, including Champlain Isl United Methodist, Amadeus Church, and Union Bible Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 11 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 12 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.84% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.99% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,125, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $56,661, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,038, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.80%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Chazy receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Chazy has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Chazy has a very sparse population density of 72.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Chazy have a short daily commute time.
- Chazy has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.49%.