Senior Living in Chebanse, Illinois
Top zip codes in Chebanse, IL: 60922
- Chebanse scores higher than the Illinois average of 74.
- Chebanse scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Provena St Marys Hospital and Riverside Medical Center).
- There are 17 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including A Merkle C Knipprath N H, Butterfield Court Assisted Living, and Riverside Senior Life at Kankakee.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 49 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 19 golf courses in or around the city, including Kankakee Country Club, Aspen Ridge Golf Course, and Bon Vivant Country Club(Championship Course at Bon Vivant Country Club).
- There are 13 parks near the city center, including Kankakee South KOA, Forest Preserve of the Kankakee River Valley, and Cobb Park.
- There are 56 churches in or near the city, including United Church of Christ, St Mary & Joseph\'s Church, and Zion Lutheran Parsonage.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 34 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 15 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.47% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.91% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $58,334, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $44,896, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,548, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $50,946 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $78,840 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.08%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Chebanse receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Chebanse has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Chebanse has a very sparse population density of 46.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Chebanse have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Chebanse has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.45%.