Senior Living in Chehalis, Washington
Top zip codes in Chehalis, WA: 98532
- Chehalis scores lower than the Washington average of 68.
- Chehalis scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Providence Centralia Hospital).
- There are 24 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Chehalis West Assisted Living Center, Leah\'s Adult Family Home, and Welcome Home Adult Family Home.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 49 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 17 golf courses in or around the city, including Newaukum Valley Golf Course(East/West Course at Newaukum Valley Golf Course ), Riverside Golf Club, and Centralia Public Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Stan Hedwall Park and Rainbow Falls State Park).
- There are 8 churches in or near the city, including Bethel Church-assembly of God, Apostolic Faith Church, and Adna Evangelical Church.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 27 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.77% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.77% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.30%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Washington has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,607, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,383, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,818, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,235 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,729 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $58,344 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.06%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Chehalis receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Chehalis has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Chehalis has a very sparse population density of 73.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Chehalis have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Chehalis has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.66%.