Senior Living in Chelsea, New York
Top zip codes in Chelsea, NY: 12512
- Chelsea scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- Chelsea scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 7 hospitals within close range of the city, including Craig House Center, St Luke\'s Cornwall Hospital, and Cornwall Hospital.
- There are 27 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including McClelland Home For Adults, Elant at Fishkill, and Wingate at Beacon.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 195 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (35% of residents).
- There are 86 golf courses in or around the city, including Southern Dutchess Country Club, Fishkill Golf Course, and Powelton Club, The.
- There are 11 parks near the city center, including Bowdoin County Park, Downing Park, and Algonquin Park.
- There are 75 churches in or near the city, including St Luke\'s Episcopal Church, Christ United Methodist Church, and Ebenezer Baptist Church.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 154 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 10 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 103 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.73% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.51% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $132,070, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $111,154, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $52,626, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Chelsea receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Chelsea has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Chelsea has a sparse population density of 284.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Chelsea have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Chelsea has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 100.00%.