Senior Living in Cheltenham, Maryland
Top zip codes in Cheltenham, MD: 20623
- Cheltenham scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- Cheltenham scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including Southern Maryland Hospital Center, Malcolm Grow Medical Center, and Fort Washington Hospital.
- There are 97 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Wellness Assisted Living, MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center, and Bradford Oaks Center.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 331 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (18% of residents).
- There are 81 golf courses in or around the city, including Marlton Golf Club, Marlboro Country Club, and Andrews Afb Golf Course -East.
- There are 14 parks near the city center, including Cheltenham Wildlife Management Area, Rosaryville State Park, and Clearwater Nature Center.
- There are 484 churches in or near the city, including Clinton Baptist Church, Baldensburg Baptist Church, and Antioch Baptist Church.
- There are 11 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 214 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 11 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 68 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.58% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.98% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $135,118, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $125,192, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $38,947, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.05%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cheltenham receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Cheltenham has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Cheltenham has an average population density of 1,424.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cheltenham have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Cheltenham has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 98.34%.