Senior Living in Chemung, New York
Top zip codes in Chemung, NY: 14825
- Chemung scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- Chemung scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Joseph\'s Hospital, Inc, Elmira Psychiatric Center, and Robert Packer Hospital.
- There are 12 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Elderwood at Waverly, The Waterford at Woodbridge, and Sayre Health Care Center.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 40 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 27 golf courses in or around the city, including Chemung Golf Course, DJ\'s Golf Center Par 3, and Pinecroft Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Two Rivers, Gardner Hill Campground, and Newtown Battlefield State Park.
- There are 24 churches in or near the city, including United Methodist Church, St James Catholic Church, and First Baptist Church.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 23 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 17 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.94% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.56% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $58,927, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,674, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,466, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $41,475 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $134,868 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $10,920 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.19%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Chemung receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Chemung has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Chemung has a very sparse population density of 54.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Chemung have an average daily commute time.
- Chemung has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 84.75%.