Senior Living in Chenango Forks, New York
Top zip codes in Chenango Forks, NY: 13746
- Chenango Forks scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- Chenango Forks scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Our Lady Of Lourdes Memorial Hospital, Inc, Binghamton Psychiatric Center, and United Health Services Hospitals, Inc.
- There are 19 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including United Methodist Homes, Life at Elizabeth Church Manor Nursing Home, and James G Johnston Memorial Nursing Home.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 74 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 36 golf courses in or around the city, including Chenango Commons Golf Course, Dimmock Hill Golf Course, and Chenango Valley State Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Chenango Valley State Park, CFJ Park, and Recreation Park.
- There are 46 churches in or near the city, including Castle Creek United Meth Ch, Central Baptist Church, and Community Baptist Church.
- There are 11 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 55 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 26 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.20% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.43% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $56,422, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,077, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,290, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $54,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $123,100 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,349 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.52%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Chenango Forks receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Chenango Forks has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Chenango Forks has a very sparse population density of 91.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Chenango Forks have a long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Chenango Forks has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.06%.