Senior Living in Chenoa, Illinois
Top zip codes in Chenoa, IL: 61726
- Chenoa scores lower than the Illinois average of 74.
- Chenoa scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Saint James Hospital and Osf Saint James Hospital).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Woodridge Supportive Living Residence, Meadows Mennonite Home, and Fairview Haven Community.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 24 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 24 golf courses in or around the city, including Indian Creek Golf & Country Club, Pontiac Elks Country Club, and Wolf Creek Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Play Park and Dargan Park).
- There are 21 churches in or near the city, including Chenoa Baptist Church, St Paul\'s Evangelical Lutheran, and United Methodist Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 7 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.17% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.03% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,944, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,575, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,546, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $50,220 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $73,000 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.32%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Chenoa receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Chenoa has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Chenoa has a very sparse population density of 27.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Chenoa have a long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Chenoa has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.31%.