Senior Living in Cherry, Illinois
Top zip codes in Cherry, IL: 61317
- Cherry scores higher than the Illinois average of 74.
- Cherry scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Margarets Hospital, Illinois Valley Community Hospital, and Mendota Community Hospital.
- There are 13 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Spring Valley Nursing , Horizon Industries, and Liberty Village of Peru.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 49 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 24 golf courses in or around the city, including Senica\'s Oak Ridge Golf Club, Spring Creek Golf Course, and South Bluff Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including LaSalle / Peru KOA, Pecumsaugan Creek - Blackball Mines Nature Preserve, and Hickory Hollow Campground.
- There are 6 churches in or near the city, including LA Salle Catholic School, Midwest Center Christian Acad, and Faith Assembly of God.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 23 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 15 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.68% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.89% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,954, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $44,479, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,136, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,740 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $92,163 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $51,205 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.60%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cherry receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Cherry has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Cherry has a sparse population density of 157.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cherry have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Cherry has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 83.75%.