Senior Living in Cherry Point, North Carolina
Top zip codes in Cherry Point, NC: 28533
- Cherry Point scores lower than the North Carolina average of 72.
- Cherry Point scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Naval Hospital).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Cherry Point Bay Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Croatan Ridge Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Croatan Village.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 26 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (0% of residents).
- There are 17 golf courses in or around the city, including Links Golf Club, Cherry Point Golf Course, and Minnesott Golf & Country Club.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Paul\'s RV Park & Boat Ramp, Don Lee Camp & Retreat Center, and Croatan National Forest.
- There are 6 churches in or near the city, including Lighthouse Assembly of God, Abundant Life Full Gospel Bapt, and Abundant Life Full Gospel Baptist Church.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 22 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.68% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.63% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- North Carolina has an average state income tax of 4.89%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's per capita income is $26,439, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $42,300 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $78,475 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,741 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $38,896 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cherry Point receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Cherry Point has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Cherry Point has a dense population density of 6,648.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cherry Point have a very short daily commute time.
- Cherry Point has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 100.00%.