Senior Living in Cherryville, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Cherryville, PA: 18035
- Cherryville scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Cherryville scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 9 hospitals within close range of the city, including Palmerton Hospital, Allentown State Hospital, and National Hospital For Kids.
- There are 58 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Pond View Manor Personal Care Home, Liza\'s House , and Weston Senior Living Center at Northampton.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 284 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (39% of residents).
- There are 67 golf courses in or around the city, including Woodstone Golf Club, Blue Ridge Country Club, and Southmoore Golf Course.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Lehigh Gap Nature Center, Coplay Cement Kilns, and Moore Township Recreation Fields.
- There are 192 churches in or near the city, including Hope Lutheran, Bethany Wesleyan Church, and St Paul\'s United Church-Christ.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 129 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 7 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 109 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.75% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.50% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $122,349, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $83,929, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $54,577, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,550 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,728 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cherryville receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Cherryville has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Cherryville has an average population density of 686.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cherryville have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Cherryville has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 65.38%.