Senior Living in Chesapeake, Ohio
Top zip codes in Chesapeake, OH: 45619
- Chesapeake scores significantly higher than the Ohio average of 76.
- Chesapeake scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 10 hospitals within close range of the city, including Three Gables Surgery Center, Llc, Healthsouth Rehab Hospital, and Mildred Mitchell-bateman Hosp.
- There are 22 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Heritage Center - West virginia, St. Mary\'s Medical Center, and Madison Park.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 163 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 20 golf courses in or around the city, including Forest Hills Golf Course, Guyan Golf & Country Club, and Spring Valley Country Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Greater Huntington Park & Recreation District, Ritter Park, and Ritter Park Amphitheater.
- There are 120 churches in or near the city, including Union Missionary Baptist Chr, Lilly Carl B, and Union Missionary Baptist Chr.
- There are 16 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 63 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 23 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.73% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.81% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $54,449, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $44,429, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,377, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,290 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $80,300 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $39,468 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.07%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Chesapeake receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Chesapeake has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Chesapeake has a sparse population density of 234.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Chesapeake have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Chesapeake has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 84.06%.