Senior Living in Cheshire, Connecticut
Top zip codes in Cheshire, CT: 06410
- Cheshire scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- Cheshire scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 8 hospitals within close range of the city, including Midstate Medical Center, Gaylord Hospital, and Masonic Home And Hospital.
- There are 115 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Marbridge Retirement Center, Cheshire Regional Rehab Center, and Elim Park .
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 393 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 114 golf courses in or around the city, including Highland Greens Golf Course, Farms Country Club, The, and Tradition Golf Club at Wallingford, The.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Sleeping Giant State Park, Wadsworth falls State Park., and West Rock Ridge State Park.
- There are 210 churches in or near the city, including Church of the Epiphany, St Thomas Becket Church, and St Bridget\'s Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 284 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 15 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 125 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.66% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.69% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.85%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Connecticut has an average state income tax of 3.20%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $127,625, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $109,701, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $42,167, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,680 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $155,125 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,020 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,450 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.63%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cheshire receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Cheshire has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Cheshire has an average population density of 895.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cheshire have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Cheshire has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.39%.