Senior Living in Chester Gap, Virginia
Top zip codes in Chester Gap, VA: 22623
- Chester Gap scores lower than the Virginia average of 78.
- Chester Gap scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Warren Memorial Hospital and Warren Memorial Hospital).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Amerisist of Front Royal, Commonwealth Assisted Living at Front Royal, and Henry Place Senior Living.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 17 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 20 golf courses in or around the city, including Blue/Red Course at Shenandoah Valley Golf Club, Front Royal Country Club, and North Course at Bowling Green Country Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Front Royal RV Campground, Gooney Creek Campgrounds, and Andy Guest/Shenandoah River State Park.
- There are 14 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church, Marlow Heights Baptist Church, and St John\'s Catholic Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 21 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.99% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.53% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.90%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Virginia has an average state income tax of 4.54%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,530, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $76,042, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,509, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $28,800 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $77,745 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $36,608 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Chester Gap receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Chester Gap has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Chester Gap has an average population density of 551.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Chester Gap have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Chester Gap has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 81.93%.