Senior Living in Chester, Idaho
Top zip codes in Chester, ID: 83421
- Chester scores higher than the Idaho average of 64.
- Chester scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Northfork Residential, St. Anthony Homestead, and Ashton Living Center.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 6 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 7 golf courses in or around the city, including Aspen Acres Golf Club, Rexburg Municipal Golf Course, and Teton Lakes Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Fremont County Parks & Rec and Sand Hills Resort).
- There are 3 churches in or near the city, including Church of Jesus Christ of Lds, Ashton Community United Mthdst, and Berean Baptist Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 3 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are no gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.76% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.64% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.50%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Idaho has an average state income tax of 5.42%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,544, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $82,689, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $18,153, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $35,970 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $86,870 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 21.20%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 38% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Chester receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Chester has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Chester has a very sparse population density of 22.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Chester have a very long daily commute time.
- Chester has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 83.13%.