Senior Living in Chester, Massachusetts
Top zip codes in Chester, MA: 01011
- Chester scores significantly lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- Chester scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Kindred Nursing And Rehabilitation-Laurel Lake, Kindred Assisted Living - Laurel Lake, and Berkshire Rehabilitation & Skilled Care Center.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 8 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 53 golf courses in or around the city, including Worthington Golf Club, Blandford Club, The, and Bas-Ridge Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Gardner State Park, October Mountain State Forest, and Tolland State Forest.
- There are 7 churches in or near the city, including United Church of Christ-first, St Thomas Catholic Church, and St George\'s Episcopal Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 8 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.07% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.36% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Massachusetts has an average state income tax of 4.74%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,629, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,795, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,671, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,270 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $141,058 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.60%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Chester receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Chester has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Chester has a very sparse population density of 43.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Chester have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Chester has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.96%.