Senior Living in Chester, Maryland
Top zip codes in Chester, MD: 21619
- Chester scores lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- Chester scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 18 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Heartland House, Whitewood Assisted Living, and Arbor At Baywoods.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 34 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 38 golf courses in or around the city, including Cove Creek Club, Prospect Bay Country Club, and Atlantic Golf At Queenstown Harbor -Lakes.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Chesapeake Bay Environmental Center, Stevensville Historic District, and Eastern Neck National Wildlife Refuge.
- There are 49 churches in or near the city, including St Christophers Outreach, Kent Island United Methodist, and St Christophers Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 27 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 25 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.64% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.62% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $97,168, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $75,380, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $37,332, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.69%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Chester receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Chester has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Chester has an average population density of 625.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Chester have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Chester has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.83%.