Senior Living in Chester, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Chester, PA: 19013
- Chester scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Chester scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 9 hospitals within close range of the city, including Keystone Center, Crozer Chester Medical Center, and Riddle Memorial Hospital.
- There are 157 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Johnson Small Personal Care Home, Davis Boarding Home II, and Residences at Chestnut Ridge.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 747 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (21% of residents).
- There are 163 golf courses in or around the city, including Springhaven Club, Paxon Hollow Golf Club, and Rolling Green Golf Club.
- There are 25 parks near the city center, including Taylor Memorial Arboretum, Gloucester County DREAM Park, and Bridgeport Speedway.
- There are 451 churches in or near the city, including Calvary Baptist Church, Shiloh Baptist Church, and Bethany Baptist Church.
- There are 11 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 480 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 13 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 222 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.04% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $39,078, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $27,918, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $14,510, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 16.46%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Chester receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Chester has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Chester has a dense population density of 6,138.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Chester have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Chester has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 76.63%.